Friday 19 July 2013

Too hot to blog...

"In the Summertime when the weather is high, you can reach right up and touch the sky..."
At least, so sang hairy, novelty '70s pop band Mungo Jerry. Touching the sky is one thing, but blogging seems even harder than ever in these scorching temperatures.
( Not that I'm complaining: this weather is fantastic and infinitely preferable to our total non-Summer of last year. Still... innit hot...? )
Anyway, enough of my excuses, please enjoy these shots of our wild flower border which is growing beautifully and constantly surprising us as new and more colourful flowers appear on a daily basis...
And the golden-winged chap below is a dragonfly which briefly landed on our washing-line. I like this shot because the shape of the TV aerial on the roof almost appears to mimic the insect's shape, in reverse. A totally unintended piece of serendipity. It also seems that the wild flowers are encouraging more bees into our garden, which can only be a good thing.

Soundtrack: Echoes by Pink Floyd

Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes
Inviting and inciting me to rise
And through the window in the wall
Come streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning

3 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Much the same problem around my part of the world... Not that I've been doing much blogging at all lately. Too hot... too tired... too busy...

Still, I love wildflowers and dragonflies!

Tom Wiggins said...

That's a rather impressive-looking dragonfly! And the flowers aren't bad, either! 303 teolide

Simon B said...

Mike, Tom, thanks for commenting! I was beginning to wonder if there was still anybody out there :-)

The wild flowers were an experiment - we just sowed a few packets of random, mixed seeds and hoped for the best. Luckily they've come up a treat: even more have grown since I took these photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails