Wednesday 2 August 2023

Manchester moments

Sarah and I had a great couple of days in Manchester recently while we were in that fair city for the Pulp gig ( more of that, of course, to come ) and I thought I'd share a few photos here. I'd never been to Manchester before ( in fact, I'm embarrassingly ignorant of the North of England ) and thought it was just the coolest place, easily living up to its cosmopolitan reputation. I loved the juxtaposition of old and new architecture, the canals, the bridges, the trams, and the unexpected sight of dozens of urban geese just hanging around, see below. We'll definitely have to go back when we get the chance.






















2 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

Nice to see some cool "tourist" type photos of Manchester, I haven't been down there in over 25 years (it rained lol). I really need to make a return visit before too long, it looks better than I remember.

Simon B said...

Hi Paul. We couldn't help taking "tourist" photos as we *were* tourists, lol.

We had some lovely weather in Manchester and felt very lucky, going by the city's rainy reputation. I imagine people who know Manchester better would say it's changed beyond recognition, with the ongoing renovations, but us first-timers loved it :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails