Saturday 19 June 2010

Tonight the Pandorica opens.....


"There was a goblin.


"Or a trickster,


"Or a warrior.


"A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies.


"The most feared being in all the cosmos."



"Nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it - one day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world!"

So, my best guess for the occupant of the Pandorica ( "A box, a cage, a prison" ) is.....
drumroll please.....

The Doctor himself. ( And probably not Bonnie Langford. )
To all the Doctor's foes, who seem to be massing in their thousands around the Earth, according to the Next Time trailer, the Doctor himself is all the things mentioned above. Steven Moffat has said that this story will show us the only way the Doctor could fall, and all his world will crash down on his head. We'll discover his fate tonight. The Pandorica is waiting for him.....

( Of course if I'm wrong and the Pandorica turns out to contain the Taran Wood Beast or a Mandrell I'll deny I ever wrote this post. )

6 comments:

Momo said...

Which means I'll get to see it tomorrow!

Points I'd like to mention about possibilities are this:

Where ever and when ever this new Doctor went there was the crack. From the "Waters of Mars" until the present we have constantly been told that time can be re-written and finally when he reached into the crack, he pulled out a piece of his tardis.

Since the crack had the ability of erasing events in time - very much like time being rewritten in reverse. (The doctor introduces a new cause and a new event is produced - the crack removes the event and the cause is lost from time and memory)

My idea would that this pandoric is one of those focal points in time and the destruction of his or an alternate version tardis will create this pandoric explosion which itself will be a lesser catastrophe than the one he faces with all his enemies at one time. The unraveling and erasure from time of all of these events will travel backwards in time until his first encounter of it in young Amy's bedroom.

After the detonation I somehow envisage time will re-write itself as to how it should have been?

Hey its just a theory.
I must blog about time travel sometime myself (and soon before I run out of time)

Happy viewing tonight

The Cryptic Critic said...

I hear it's Ingrid Pitt, karate kicking the Myrka.

My sources are infallible.

Simon B said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.

@Momo, I look forward to you blogging about time travel, or is that look backward?

@ Cryptic Critic, let's hope they've given the Myrka's paint chance to dry this time.....

Mickey Glitter said...

MEL! I'm dying of the LOLz, as the kids say today.

You hangin' in okay??

Simon B said...

Hi Mickey. I'm coping, thanks. We've got the next few days to get over, which will be tough ( Mum's funeral is on Wednesday )but we will have the support of our friends and family, which means everything to us.

And sorry about dissing Mel.....
:-)

Mickey Glitter said...

I LOVE the Mel dissage. I think it's brilliant.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails