Friday 28 January 2011

Randomiser VIII


The long-lost Randomiser returns for a new year of psychologically scary excursions into the dark recesses of my alleged "mind".


Randomness 1:
Searching through endless piles of bank statements, bills, final demands etc. for my latest MOT certificate ( didn't find it ) I came across a scrap of paper with a list of strange names in my handwriting. I've got no idea who these people are/were/should be, but they sound like the coolest mobsters from Groovetown: Whiskey Stretton, Hugo Delaney, Clarence Diamond, Midnight Anderson and Sergio Majestic. If any of these people are reading this I've never heard of any of you and I certainly don't know where that black suitcase full of used fivers went to.....


Randomness 2:
I'm obviously a very strange aardvaark but I'm constantly fascinated by those "word verification" words that pop up in the Comment section on Blogger. My latest fave is "exismsma", possibly some kind of consciousness-expanding psychedelic mixed with baby food.....


Randomness 3:
Ah, Firefly.....


Randomness 4:
From The Department Of Insanity: Sophie and I went into ye olde phone shoppe yesterday to hopefully sort out the lack of signal on her mobile phone. The guy behind the counter had to ring a helpdesk, but he had to make the call from inside the stock cupboard because he couldn't get a signal on his phone. Thank you Tesco, every little helps.....


Soundtrack: loadsa old skool Hip Hop from Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim, Full Force, Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash etc. etc.

10 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

Oo's that Conan by? Gould?

Also: I may get that gangster image printed on little cards and hand them out to the little shits who hang around our front door.

Steve Does Comics said...

Earlier tonight, I was confronted with the word-verification word "Zatromord".

I bet he could take on the Transformers and the Power Rangers both at the same time and still come out on top.

Simon B said...

What, Chester Gould? Sounds good: Conan vs Flattop :-)

It's actually by Rafael Kayanan -
Check out his blog @http://rafaelkayanan.blogspot.com/

Simon B said...

@Steve,
Don't forget his evil twin Dromortaz!
( Yep, I'm still reading things backwards... )

Steve said...

I like the "you are not a gangster" pic. Should be a T-shirt.

Simon B said...

Hi Steve! Thanks for commenting.

Yeah, I'd wear that T-shirt...

Mickey Glitter said...

Welcome back, Randomiser!

The classic CLASSIC sonic screwdriver is still the best.

Porochaf is my word verification example. It sounds rather painful and uncomfortable.

Simon B said...

I think you can get cream for it...

That old skool screwdriver was especially good for detonating land-mines on a beach. That'll keep the bloody seagulls away:-)

muhammadrazzaq said...

It was amazing because I can’t think of any time when an MC has spoken that openly… Dizzee did a little bit on his first album, admitting weakness, but it’s generally so rare.

Simon B said...

um... yeah...

What?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails