Friday 27 November 2015

FF Fridays: Black ( Panther ) Friday

The dreaded Black Friday is here again, the day when many of us offer up a silent prayer of thanks  to our deity of choice that we don't work in retail. With the first cinematic appearance of T'Challa, Prince of Wakanda ( the Black Panther to you ) being teased in the recently dropped Captain America: Civil War trailer it got me thinking of the MCU's regal African prince. ( Yeah, I know... my brain works that way. ) Above is the original, unused cover by King Kirby ( of Brooklyn ) for the Panther's debut in FF #52...
and below is my copy of that issue as published, with an absolutely gorgeous Kirby / Sinnott cover...
And here's Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa from the upcoming Marvel slugfest. Can't wait to see this one!
And, seriously... consumers  -  just be careful out there...
Black!


3 comments:

John Pitt said...

Up here in the North East our Friday didn't get black till about 4 pm.
I had already done my shopping whilst it was still white.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I had a bad thought the other day where Marvel casts a white guy to be the Black Panther and have the world lose it's mind. I don't know what that means but I sure hope they don't mess T'Challa up. The short clips we get of him are already awesome.

Simon B said...

@John
Thank God it's only one day a year!

@Cal
I'm really looking forward to the Black Panther movie. If they don't mess with the concept too much but keep T'Challa as African royalty it will make a refreshing change from the usual super hero stuff...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails