Tuesday 20 May 2014

Karen Gillan IS Nebula

That's an interesting look for the former Girl Who Waited as Karen Gillan takes on the role of cosmic super villain Nebula in Marvel Studios' forthcoming Guardians Of The Galaxy movie. The more I see of this movie the more I'm looking forward to it. They're not the Guardians that I remember from the 1970s comics but the style and tone of the new trailer makes the film look like a lot of fun. Even Rocket Raccoon seems promising. But I do miss the ginger hair...
Karen's, that is... not Rocket's...




4 comments:

Capes on Film said...

It's gonna be interesting to see if Nebula pops up again in 'GotG 2' or 'Avengers 2'.

Simon B said...

I get the impression that Marvel want to keep GOTG separate from the rest of the cinematic MU. But, saying that, the old fanboy heart beats a little faster at the thought of The Avengers heading into space to confront these more "cosmic" characters. Who knows? Maybe we'll even see the Kree / Skrull War one day...

Kal said...

I can't wait for that Gamora vs Nebula throw down. I think it's going to reset the bar for girl on girl violent action. The Guardians sure are different from the 70s but I think they are better now because they were organically created. Not focused grouped. The first few years of this group are some fine comics. I love Cosmo, the Soviet Era telepathic space dog who runs a space station at the end of the Galaxy. Very cool stuff. I liked how they kept picking up new members for awhile.

Simon B said...

I've got a soft spot for the original Guardians, especially the Steve Gerber-scripted run in Marvel Presents back in the mid '70s. I don't really know the new team at all ( characters like Starlord and Drax seem very different to how I remember them ) but I'm still looking forward to the movie. And I'm hoping that telepathic space dog turns up...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails